With MAMP PRO you can easily increase the PHP memory limit. Therefore you simply have to change some data within the php.ini file.
Here is how it works:
- Start MAMP PRO
- Stop the server if it’s running
- Choose Menu -> File -> Edit Template -> PHP5 php.ini (If you want to change the memory limit for PHP5, then choose PHP5 php.ini)
- The PHP ini file will be opened.
- If a dialogue box pops up, read it and confirm with OK
- Search (Command-F) for “memory_limit” (without quotes)
- You should get the following line:
memory_limit = 8M ; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (8M)
- Now you can change the default value of 8M. For instance. into 32M or even more (like 128M)
- Save (Command-S) your changes.
- Close (Command-W) the file.
- Start the Server.
- That’s it!